Best Mushroom Grow Tent Kit
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
The complete growth kit from Hydro Plus includes a full-sized tent as well as a ventilation fan. With the included 300W growth light and a series of hydroponic filters, it’s an all-in-one solution.
- LED 300W Grow Light + 4" Fan Filter Ventilation Kit + 36"x20"x63" Grow Tent w/ free shipping w/ discreet package
- LED 300W: Featuring a user friendly "Full Spectrum" design, you can easily grow your plants in any growth cycle required like germination, seedling, veg, flower
- 4" Ventilation Kit: Effective Odor Control: Eliminate some of the most undesirable odors, pungent smell and particulates from indoor grow tent, hydroponics grow room
- 36"x20"x63" Grow Tent: Heavy duty 600D lightproof oxford cloth and diameter 16MM white paint coated metal rods and Large heavy duty Zippers
- Widely Used: Perfect for your plants, herbs, flowers, fruits and vegetables to thrive in different seasons
- 36”x20”x63” growth tent
- Kit includes 4 filtered fans
- Made from 600D heavy duty Oxford cloth, which blocks out exterior light
- Includes full spectrum lighting system
- May have more parts than most people need
- Technically designed and sized for plants, not fungi
Best Large Grow Tent
Zazzy’s grow room tent is quite tall, but it’s a great choice for those who want a stable solution that also includes a built-in floor tray. It’s made from sturdy 600D Mylar, which should work even for sensitive mushrooms.
- 【Top-Quality Materials and Sturdy Frame】Zazzy plant grow tent made of superior quality reflective 600D mylar and double stitched to ensures the light blocking. Heavy duty all steel poles which are rated to handle at least 110 lbs. The frame is specially finished to ensure smooth installation and safe handling.
- 【Efficient Growth Rate】Our grow tent with a 95%-reflective mylar lining gives an efficiency boost to lighting setups of any power configuration. Increase the intensity of your grow lights and retain heat to keep your grow room at the right temperature for your plants, flowers, fruits, and vegetables to thrive.
- 【Easy to Observe】Our easy-access door unzips smoothly, Grow tent with observation window makes it easy and comfortable to peek inside and helps you to monitor your plants anytime.
- 【Easy to Assemble】Growing tents are simple and fast to install without any tools even if you've never done something like this before. The package includes the user-friendly and professional instruction well.
- 【Package Includes】1 Zazzy Grow Tent, 1 removable and waterproof floor tray to hold soil and fallen leaves. It can be taken out to wash easily, 1 Inner Tool Organizer, 2 Filter Straps and 1 user manual.
- Excellent build quality
- 96x48x78″ dimensions
- Includes a kit bag to move it easily
- Reflects 95 percent of heat and moisture back on the substrate
- Bottom tray is waterproof
- Zippers may break off
- May need lubrication
Best Medium Grow Tent
Mylar hydroponic growth tents from Vivosun come with a convenient floor tray and exterior walls that somewhat resemble those of an inflatable balloon. While it looks quite different from other designs, it’s every bit as well-built.
- Keeps All Light In: VIVOSUN Hydroponic Mylar Grow Tent blocks all light from escaping and is lined with 98%-reflective Mylar to boost the output efficiency of your setup; No need for additional flaps or tape, just zipper the black lining to create a light-proof seal
- Extra-thick, Stands Sturdy: Supported with strong metal poles, the top-quality 340 g. Oxford fabric tent is tear-proof and double-stitched for perfect light blockage, while the inside is lined with non-toxic PE material that’s safer for your plants
- Easy Observation: Don't throw out your back bending over to check on your plants; Our easy-access door unzips smoothly, and the observation window makes it easy to peek inside without disturbing your set-up
- Fast Installation: Our grow tents are easy to install even if you've never done anything like it before: no tools needed; Unrivaled craftsmanship and materials make VIVOSUN's Hydroponic Mylar Grow Tent the best choice for professional and amateur growers alike
- Quality Assurance: We pride ourselves on delivering the best selection of grow tents at various sizes and affordable prices; We also pride ourselves on outstanding customer care; If you have any issues with your purchase, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service
- Reasonable 48x24x60″ size
- Includes 2×4′ floor tray
- Keeps interior nice and dark when closed
- Sends moisture back onto mushroom growth
- Allows you to open the side to take a look inside
- Seams may come undone
- Sides should be sealed before usage
Best Small Grow Tent
TopoLite’s grow dark room is a heavy duty reflective tent that keeps in moisture, heat and everything else that’s good for the growth of fungus. It’s a small 24x24x48″ sized popup that can even fit in small apartments.
No products found.
- Rectangular vents provide excellent ventilation
- Works with both fans and filters
- Reflective diamond Mylar construction
- Oxford cloth exterior is waterproof
- Inhibits mold growth
- May be damaged in shipping
- Stitching is a bit loose
The ultrasonic cool mist humidifier from TaoTronics wasn’t actually designed for growing mushrooms, but it’s very easy to control and offers a great deal of precision over its settings. That makes it an ideal option for those who want to increase the moisture level of their fungus crops in a safe way.
No products found.
- Precision digital controls
- Automatic shut-off
- Holds more than a gallon of water
- Onboard humidistat
- Displays data on LED panel
- Makes some noise
Best Mushroom Grow Lights
The Mosthink LED growth light kit was designed for traditional plants, but it works great with fungi as well as a number of other types of crops. It offers 48 different LEDs attached to flexible light bars, which are a convenient way to gain complete control over how much light your mushrooms get.
- 【Auto Turn On & Off】This led grow bar can be set up to turn off after 2H/ 4H/ 8H. After you set up the hours, do not manually turn off the light or cut off the power supply, the light will automatically turn on at the same time the next day, and everyday
- 【4 Adjustable Brightness Levels】There are 4 different levels of dimmable light - 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% - to meet each plant's lighting requirements at different stages.
- 【2x 10W & 48 LED Light】32 red and 16 blue LED lights with excellent quality internal chip, our led grow light strips just put out enough luminosity to get the job done, while generate less atmospheric heat, and tend to last longer. No need to worry about burning the plants.
- 【Easy & Flexible Installation】The grow light bar pack comes with screws and a double-sided tape (pls cut into 2 pieces when applied). Compact design fits for various fixtures and surfaces. The power cord is 78 inches long.
- 【Wide Application】The grow lamp is convenient for a number of potted landscape and indoor garden plants, such as Basil, Rosemary, Succulents, Daffodils, Plumeria, Aloe, Orchids, Thyme, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Peppers, etc. Ideal gardening lights indoor.
- Completely dimmable
- Doesn’t noticeably flicker
- Automatic on/off timer
- Four individual brightness levels
- Flexible installation
- Mounts easily with screws
- Slightly flimsy
- Uses a fair amount of electricity
What Size Tent Do I Need?
A good rule of thumb is that you can grow around 110 lbs. of mushrooms for every 100 sq ft of tent you have, as long as you’re growing mushrooms that do well in tents. This should hold true for oyster mushrooms as well as white buttons and shiitake.
You don’t need to invest in one single tent, however. Some enthusiasts split up the growth space over multiple different areas so that they can take advantage of an unusual property line.
Others purchase much smaller tents, but still use that general rule. A 50 sq ft tent, for instance, could produce around 55 lbs. of any of these three species of mushrooms when managed properly.
Do I Need a Humidifier?
You’ll need a humidifier to keep certain types of mushrooms at just the right moisture level. These aren’t as much of an issue for those growing oyster mushrooms and other simple types, though anyone growing morels and other complex fungi might want to invest in one.
Depending on the type of tent you have, the tent itself could potentially humidify your mushrooms naturally. Some enclosed spaces will collect excess moisture at the top of the shelter, which will then fall down on the spawn below over time.
Those who want to take advantage of this kind of passive system should make sure to dampen the environment on a regular basis. In any case, you’ll want to ensure that all of the water you’re using is completely sterile to avoid the growth of mold and other contaminates.
Do Mushroom Grow Lights Help?
Mushroom growth lighting kits don’t necessarily help mushrooms grow, because they’re fungi and not plants. Using them correctly and for just the right amount of time can help the exterior of mushroom caps to darken, which may bring additional nutrients to their surfaces and change their taste for the better.
Some studies have suggested that growth lights can actually help certain species of mushrooms to fruit faster. You’ll want to check the species you’re growing before you install a light for this reason, because there’s a good chance that you could apply too much light otherwise.
One study conducted at Central Luzon State University found that various infrared-shifted light spectra could help spores of pleurotus ostreatus mushrooms grow faster. The wrong type of light, however, had a negative impact on them.