John Stephens

What Happens If You Smell Mushrooms? (Solved & Explained!)

Mushrooms are living organisms that have thousands of different species that are similar but are known for their distinctive appearances, tastes, and smells. Smelling a mushroom, whether non-toxic or poisonous will do you no harm. However, inhaling mushroom spores over long periods can lead to health complications.  What Happens If You Smell Poisonous Mushrooms? Those …

What Happens If You Smell Mushrooms? (Solved & Explained!) Read More »

What Happens If I Eat a False Morel? (Solved & Explained!)

False morels are a highly poisonous mushroom and can cause death if ingested. Some symptoms that may occur when ingesting false morels are severe headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, stomach cramping, and fatigue. Although false morels are known for their similarities to true morels, this type of mushroom is highly poisonous and deadly. What …

What Happens If I Eat a False Morel? (Solved & Explained!) Read More »

Can Microgreens Make You Sick? (Solved & Explained!)

Microgreens are healthy greens full of vitamins that many people eat raw. However, these greens can easily make you sick if they are unwashed. Pesticides and cross-contamination quickly lead to sickness. The sickness that can come from eating raw microgreens is the largest downfall to eating this nutritious garnish. Fortunately, washing microgreens can prevent you …

Can Microgreens Make You Sick? (Solved & Explained!) Read More »

Should Microgreens be Considered a Superfood? (Solved!)

Microgreens are considered a superfood by some scientists, but not by all. Microgreens are more nutrient-dense than their fully-grown counterparts, according to the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. Despite this, many scientists don’t consider them to be a superfood since there is still little known about their effectiveness in affecting health issues in humans.  …

Should Microgreens be Considered a Superfood? (Solved!) Read More »